Work with the map
To get started with Crop Monitoring, you need to find the Location first. There are several ways to perform the task:
1. Enter the geographical name of the object in the Search box
2. Enter the coordinates of the object in the Search box
3. Find the location by dragging the map and select the needed object.
4. You are also able to switch between the Satellite and Map layers, using the tool-box in the left sidebar.
You can zoom in and out for easier navigation and field managing using “+” and “-” buttons as well as a mouse wheel.
NB: Both – classified and added fields could be monitored in the satellite view only.
Distance and area measurement
1. The Measure distance tool is located in the left sidebar and is designed to calculate the total area of the field or measure the distance between objects.
2. Outline your field and the result will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
3. Use the tool in exactly the same way to measure distance and the measurement result will appear in the lower of the screen.
Classified fields are displayed on the crop map by default. At the moment, the default crop map with the classified fields is available only for Ukraine, other areas can be added manually. Classified fields are displayed in different colors where each color represents a specific crop.
You can turn on/off the display of all crops or a specific one, as well as find the legend in the drop-down menu located in the upper left of the screen. The year of mapping you can choose in the menu next to it. At the moment, you can find the maps for 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
1. To select the crop to be displayed on the map use the Crops Filter drop-down menu. This menu also allows displaying all crops simultaneously and select your fields.
2. To pick the year for which you want to display the fields use the Year drop-down menu next to the Crops filter.
3. Adding fields for further analysis. To manually add a field, click the Add Field button at the bottom of the main menu. Once you click it, the system will offer you three adding options: Draw polygon, Select on map and Upload fields.
3.1 The Draw polygon option is employed to contour and add your field on the map. So, find the needed field and use the option.
3.2 Once it’s done, click the Add to my fields button and enter the name, select a crop type, as well as sowing date and season of its cultivation in the relative box. Once you click the Save button, the field is added to your Field list. You can edit your fields whenever you need, using the three-dot menu on the right of the field card.
3.3 To add a field to your fields’ list use the Select on map option. It allows to pick one of the existing classified fields. Keep in mind that the ability to select one of the classified fields is available only within the territory of Ukraine.
3.4 The Upload fields instrument provides a possibility to upload files in GeoJSON, Shape or KML formats. To add the fields hit the Select files button or drag-and-drop files to the right side of the screen.